Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Birds on the brain!

Awe, have you missed me? It has been a while since I have dropped by, and I apologize.  Not a whole lot has happened in my life... aside from the decision to go forward with the long awaited adoption of my very first bird. Super exciting right? I know!  So since I made the decision to go ahead and start the adoption process, it's all I can think about!  I am so excited, and trying to think of other things.  But that does not always work.  You see I have been thinking about getting a bird for some time now, and now that it is finally in the works... I feel like a kid who knows something awesome is coming up, but does not want to wait.


But like a good little adult... I know that things will work out for the best, and the wait is very much worth it.  I plan on adopting a bird who is in need of a home, not to purchase a baby from a breeder, or buy from a pet store who only supports breeders.  At first I was unsure, but now I know that I want to give an unwanted, deserving bird a loving home.  This Sunday (2/20/2011) my Hubby and I will be driving up to San Francisco to attend a Bird Care Class that this particular rescue has made mandatory in order  to adopt from their rescue.  I happen to think this is great, and I can not wait to meet these wonderful people, and get to learning more about fids! YAY!!


I have my eye on a cute little Green Cheek Conure who is currently known as Petre.  I think I like the name, and it is a good possibility that if I am lucky enough to adopt him I will not change it.  Unless I have the overwhelming feeling that it just simply does not fit him.  And then we will see about a different name.  Of course I have not met him yet, but from the description provided by the rescue/foster parents.  He seems like a hoot, and super fun.  I am looking forward to all that is ahead, the ups, and downs of keeping birds.  It will definitely be a learning experience for me, and I am looking forward to every moment. 


That's all I really have for now... but keep in mind that after I get to adopt, and bring home our new feathered kid aka fid, I will be posting a lot about him/her and telling you all about his/her silly side, and crazy antics! Woot! I love sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment