Friday, July 23, 2010

He is off to BMT!

OK... so Monday was a pretty rough day for me.
I said good bye, and got to hug my husband for the last time until the end of September. The next two months he will be at BMT, and hopefully we will be able to talk on the telephone at least a few times while he is away. I do not expect that these coming months will be easy with out the one person I would not want to live with out. He is my love, my rock, and my knight in shining armor... and not to mention the occasional thorn! I am so very proud of my guy, and can not wait till I get to be with him again during his Tech School classes. Woo Hoo to Monterrey California!

I am actually dealing with him being gone a lot better than I had expected. I hope that is a good thing! I really expected to be a crying mess every time I even thought about him. Instead, I feel a strong sense of pride. Men and Women like my husband are the reason why our Military is still on a voluntary basis. I am so very proud of my wonderful man!

Since I knew he would be at BMT for 2 months, and I really thought I would be a mess. I made plans to go to 3rd shift till it came time for me to meet him in Cali. I figured it would help me deal with his absence and I could just sleep all day. Not have the stress of the position I was in on days, yet still be able to spend time with my family and not have to worry about if I am going to work right through whatever event is going on. Last night was my first night.... I hope it gets better! And I have realized that with out that adult conversation I am used to at home, I have become one of those 'talkers' that every one knows at least one of. Yap yap
yap yap yap yap yap! I'm guessing the one sided conversations with my 3 dogs just is not cutting it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear your handling his leaving for BMT better then you thought. Maybe there is hope for me, my husband leaves for BMT in October and I can't imagine going a day without crying right now. Take care and stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is def not easy... but with your daughter your time will be filled with plenty to do. Tell him I said Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete