Monday, May 6, 2013

Sweet & Sour Chicken with Fried Rice... Yummm


If you are anything like me, you love Chinese food!
And have been thinking about trying your hand at cooking it for yourself.  Don't ask me why I have waited so long to do it.  But boy oh boy was it amazing.  I came across a number of posts through Pinterest for these recipes.  Gotta love the internet, gotta love Pinterest!!!   So tonight I gave it a try, finally.  Here are the recipes I used.  I did change them up just the tiniest bit.  Since I did not have any garlic cloves, or onion called for with the rice.  But it was just fine with me since I am not a fan of either.

   Ingredients

Chicken:
3-4boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
cup cornstarch
3eggs, beaten
¼cup canola oil
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
1cup granulated sugar
4tablespoons ketchup
¼cup white vinegar
¼cup apple cider vinegar
1tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1teaspoon garlic salt


Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper. Place cornstarch and beaten eggs in separate bowls. Dip chicken into cornstarch then coat in egg mixture. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned. Place the chicken in a 9 × 13 greased baking dish. In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce and garlic salt. Pour over chicken and bake for one hour.


     Fried Rice
3 cups cooked white rice, left overs work
3 Tbs pure sesame oil
1 cup frozen peas and carrots - thawed
2 large eggs - slightly beaten
1/4 cup soy sauce


    Directions
Heat a large skillet on M/H heat.  Add sesame oil.  When oil is hot, add peas and carrots.  Stir constantly and cook til tender, it should only take a couple minutes.  Lower the heat to M/L and push the veggies to one side of the skillet.  Poor in the eggs, cooking and stirring to scramble.  Then add the cooked rice and soy sauce.  Stir until thoroughly heated.  Serve warm.  

Here are the links to the sites I originally got the recipes from.


ENJOY


No comments:

Post a Comment